Our art resin starter kit in a Pacific blue colourway contains everything you need to create a resin art seascape. If you have never tried resin art before then this is a great way to start. You will SAVE 50% on the cost of the products bought separately!
FREE DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND
It's so easy to create a beautiful piece of resin artwork using Eli-Chem MasterCast and resi-TINT MAX opaque pigments which will give a more solid effect than our resi-TINT acrylic pigments. Simply follow the step by step instructions on our infographic and get creative.
If you are an experienced artist, why not buy pack as a gift for friend? The pack will be delivered in a plain box, along with instructions on how to use the products and a cotton gift bag. All you need to do is gift it.
For the starter kit we use MasterCast 1-2-1 Clear Artwork Resin as the base, it is a two component polymer material that produces an optically clear, high gloss finish on many surfaces e.g canvas, wood, mdf, glass, perspex, concrete and metal. It is ambient temperature curing, solvent free, high build and UV stable. MasterCast is an optically transparent coating casting resin that can be applied by pouring, brush or roller.
Resin Art Gift Pack contains:-
- 1 x 400g MasterCast Art Resin Tester (215g resin & 185g hardener) & mixing stick
- 1 x resi-TINT MAX 50g Turquoise
- 1 x resi-TINT MAX 50g Ultramarine
- 1 x resi-TINT MAX 50g Titanium White
- 1 x resi-METAL 100g Aluminium
- 1 x resi-TINT+ Metallic Powder 50g Rose Gold
- 1 x resi-BLAST Dispersion Media 25ml
- 1 x large measuring cup
- 4 x small measuring cups
- 4 x wooden mixing sticks
- 1 x pair nitrile gloves
- 1 x Cotton gift bag
- 1 x instructions
Top up packs of resi-TINT MAX are available to buy as singles or packs of 3, 5 and 10 so that you can make your own unique colourways.
- 1 x resi-TINT Brilliant Yellow 29.5ml
- 1 x resi-TINT Flame Orange 29.5ml
- 1 x resi-TINT Flame Red 29.5ml
- 1 x resi-TINT Marine Blue 29.5ml
- 1 x resi-TINT Violet Vigour 29.5ml
- 1 x resi-TINT Purple Rain 29.5ml
- 1 x resi-TINT Sea Blue 29.5ml
- 1 x resi-TINT Royal Blue 29.5ml
- 1 x resi-TINT Light Grey 29.5ml
- 1 x resi-TINT NEON Orange Soda 5g
- 1 x resi-TINT NEON Electric Crimson 5g
- 1 x resi-TINT NEON Hot Pink 5g
- 1 x resi-TINT NEON Grape 5g
- 1 x resi-TINT NEON Egyptian Blue 5g
- 1 x resi-TINT NEON Tree Frog 5g
- 1 x resi-TINT NEON Cyber Yellow 5g
Purple Haze, Sunset Strip, Moody Blues and Vivid Neon's which we hope will cover all colour themes.
If you would like to add individual colours you can choose them from the resi-TINT & resi-TINT NEON pages.
|Sunset Strip pack contains:-
|Purple Haze pack contains:-
|Moody Blues resi-TINT pack contains:-
|Vivid Neon's Pack contains:-
| by volume: 100 parts resin to 100 parts hardener
by weight: 100 parts resin to 90 parts hardener
|canvas, wood, MDF & glass
|touch dry in 5/6 hours at 23°C, full chemical cure in 7 days
|1 litre of the mixed product will cover 2m²@ 0.5 mm thick (1kg = 1 litre)
|15-20 minutes at 23°C (250g mixed mass)
|one year in sealed containers
The mixing ratio must be accurately followed to achieve perfect results. It is not possible to change the ratio which would result in the resin not drying properly and lower mechanical properties.
The mixed components should be thoroughly stirred for 3-4 minutes to ensure an even consistency. Epoxy systems tend to heat up in a pot than as a thin film, only mix the amount needed for use within the pot life of the product.
Pour small amounts of the mixed MasterCast resin into each of the 4 small cups provided in the kit. Add the resi-tint MAX & the resi-METAL to the resin in the small cups one drop at a time. They are very concentrated so you only need a small amount per cup, you can also add 2 or 3 drops of resi-BLAST at this stage to create cells & lacing effects. We recommend only adding this to 1 or 2 colours. The resi-TINT+ Metallic Powder can be added to one of these colours or sprinkled lightly over your artwork whilst it is wet.
Pour the cups of tinted resin onto your board one at a a time, making sure you cover all areas. Overlap colours if creating cells & lacing. The resin will flow out to fill any blank areas but if you notice any uncovered areas you can tilt the board to cover them.
Health & Safety
Although our resins are formulated with the most modern and safest epoxy chemicals available, all epoxy resins are chemicals and should be managed and handled with proactive safety hygiene and responsible care.
- Always wear nitrile gloves (or use a specialist resin barrier cream)
- Wear a respirator when sanding partially-cured resin
- It is advisable to work in a well ventilated room
- We advise the use of safety goggles
- Avoid skin contact (if resin gets on skin wash with plenty of soap & water)
- DO NOT eat, drink or smoke while working
- In case of eye contamination wash with plenty of water for 15 minutes and consult medical advice immediately
Adding inks/paints/mica powder/glitter to epoxy resin will change its properties and may reduce its non-toxicity. If you use alcohol inks DO NOT use a flame to remove bubbles, as alcohol is flammable.
Resin Art Gift Pack - Opaque Ocean Blues
- Brand: Eli-Chem
- Product Code: RAGPOOB
- Availability: 235
£49.92 Including VAT