Introducing our revolutionary BioCast Artwork Resin: a sustainable and eco friendly solution that redefines the way you think about resin based products. Crafted with care for both your artistic endeavours and the planet, BioCast Resin offers an exceptional combination of high performance and environmental consciousness.
FREE DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND
Being carbon neutral is very important to Eli-Chem and great time and expense has been taken to develop BioCast using naturally derived raw materials. For ease it is a 1:1 mix ratio resin (by volume), has excellent cured performance, optical clarity, and UV resistance with a substantially reduced carbon content. When mixed, BioCast has a bio content of 23% biomass from the paper and pulp industry.
- Sustainable & eco friendly art resin
- Substantially reduced carbon content
- Can be used for shallow casting up to 10mm
- 23% Bio content (Biomass from the paper & pulp industry)
- Optical clarity and UV resistance
BioCast comes in 4 pack sizes so you can buy exactly the right amount for your project. To help you choose the correct kit please see the coverage guide below, then make your selection from the drop down list above. The exact coverage will depend on how thick you want your resin coating and the type of media you are covering.
|BioCast Pack Size
|Coverage at 0.5 mm thick
|1 kg Kit
|2 kg Kit
|4 kg Kit
| by volume: 100 parts resin to 100 parts hardener
by weight: 100 parts resin to 90 parts hardener
|coating, resin art, geode work and shallow mould pours
|touch dry in 5-6 hours at 22°C, full chemical cure in 5-7 days
|1 kg of the mixed product will cover approx. 1.43 m²@ 0.5 mm thick
|40 minutes at 22°C (250g mixed mass)
|one year in sealed containers
Mixing Ratio: By Volume: 100 parts resin to 100 parts hardener. By Weight: 100 parts resin to 90 parts hardener. The mixing ratio must be accurately followed. It is not possible to change the ratio. This would result in lower mechanical properties and the resin not drying properly. The mixture must be thoroughly stirred to ensure full homogeneity. Epoxy systems tend to heat up much faster in a pot than as a thin film. Mix only the necessary amount usable within the pot life. Mix until it is a uniform colour & consistency (usually 3-4 mins).
Apply by hand pouring or brush/roller. The resin can be tinted any colour with the addition of polymer pigments available in all solid and translucent colours. Ensure your piece is perfectly flat and level, otherwise the resin will run to the lowest point and pool in the centre, leaving too little resin at the corners. On large canvas paintings / pictures you should tighten the canvas as much as possible or place a board underneath to support it uniformly.+
Adding inks/paints/mica powder/glitter to epoxy resin will change its properties. If you use alcohol inks DO NOT use a flame to remove bubbles, as alcohol is flammable.
Health & Safety
Although our resins are formulated with the most modern and safest epoxy chemicals available, all epoxy resins are chemicals and should be managed and handled with proactive safety hygiene and responsible care.
- Always wear nitrile gloves (or use a specialist resin barrier cream)
- Wear a respirator when sanding partially cured resin
- It is advisable to work in a well ventilated room
- We advise the use of safety goggles
- Avoid skin contact (if resin gets on skin wash with plenty of soap & water)
- DO NOT eat, drink or smoke while working
- In case of eye contamination wash with plenty of water for 15 minutes and consult medical advice immediately
- Acute Tox. 4: H302; Aquatic Chronic 3: H412; Skin Corr. 1A: H314; Skin Sens. 1A: H317
BioCast Eco Resin
- Brand: Eli-Chem
- Product Code: BIOCAST - select from 500g, 1kg, 2kg, 4kg kits
- Availability: 29
£31.80 Including VAT